Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is there any open source project support virtual machines

From: <ryan () nym hush com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:28:28 -0700

If you're looking for paravirtualization tools, I would suggest looking
at VServer (http://www.linux-vserver.org/) or Xen (http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/).

Ryan

On Wed, 19 May 2004 07:38:23 -0700 Jianqiang Xin <jqxin () iastate edu>
wrote:
hi, all:
In our research project, we need to generate background traffic.
One of
the problem is how to use one or two machines to simulate hundreds
of
machines? Is there any open source project for this? Thanks very
much
for your help. By the way, does anyone happen to know any good project

for background traffic generation ( we are interested in user behavior

ones)? Thanks.

Wishes,

xin

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.