Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Is there any open source project support virtual machines

From: <full-disclosure () nym hush com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:04:57 -0700

In our research project, we need to generate background traffic. One
of the problem is how to use one or two machines to simulate hundreds
of machines? Is there any open source project for this? Thanks very
much for your help. By the way, does anyone happen to know any good
project for background traffic generation ( we are interested in user
behavior ones)? Thanks.

Use one or two machines to simulate hundreds?  Unlikely.

But, these might help:
http://tcpreplay.sourceforge.net/
http://bochs.sourceforge.net/
http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/
http://www.google.com/

There's a packet generator option I've seen when configuring recent Linux
kernels that I've not played with.

The network testing utilities in BSD ports collections are also worth
a look.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html