Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Looking for a tool

From: "axid3j1al axid3j1al" <axid3j1al () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 03:52:29 +0000

I once had the same problem.

RUn msconfig and then boot with a minimal set of drivers.
Try safe mode?

Then try the sysinternal tools again.

e.g I could not see a exe in the task manager in normal mode (i.e. could
not kill it) but then in the restricted mode it did appear and then I could easily remove the offending process.

Have you tried the MS spy++ tool from visual studio? That will show all process and all threads. Howver one assumes that sys internals is just using the same API that spy++ uses.