Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SQL-worm 1 IP multiple MAC???

From: Christopher Carey <security () securespot com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:40:19 -0700

Possibly: This MAC Flooding is an ARP Cache Poisoning technique aimed at
network switches. When certain switches are overloaded they often drop
into a "hub" mode. In "hub" mode, the switch is too busy to enforce its
port security features and just broadcasts all network traffic to every
computer in your network.

Chris Carey