Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Backdoor not recognized by Kaspersky

From: madsaxon <madsaxon () direcway com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:03:56 -0600

At 10:53 AM 3/3/2004 -0600, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

 We need new/different technology that doesn't
depend upon knowledge of the malicious program to prevent it from
entering our networks.  *Re*active technology will *always* fail
initially, and that means there will always be a door open for bad
things to happen.

As Rob Rosenberger has been preaching for years, the most sensible
solution to this problem lies in heuristics, not reactive tactics.
An ounce of prevention has always been worth a pound of cure.

m5x

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html