Full Disclosure mailing list archives

E-mail virus free tags (Was: SHUT THE F**K UP)

From: "Andrew Aris" <andrew () dev bigfishinternet co uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:46:12 -0000

This has been something I've wondered about for a while, its a good idea for
e-mails to carry some kind of "passed" tag from AV systems only if it
actually means something. Which as just a plain text, easily duplicatable
signature it doesn't in-fact as recent Netsky variants are busy proving its
worse than not having it. So why don't the AV vendors use for example PGP to
sign mails? Surely this would give the process some meaning?

regards,

Andrew