Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Cael's Corollary (was: viruses being sent to this list)

From: Cael Abal <lists2 () onryou com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:27:55 -0500

Mark Challender wrote:

Personal responsibility seems to be missing from all of the people
complaining about a list infecting them or somehow causing them harm.

Get over it.

We use Microsoft products as well as other products and we have very strong
security policies -- firewall, server antivirus, blocking attachments,
client antivirus with updates three times a week, automated patching, etc.

In short, we take responsibility for running the software we use.  Te expect
a public mailing list to "protect" you is similar to expecting the
automakers to "protect" you by steering your vehicle for you.

Protect yourself.

Mark Challender, MCSE
Network Administrator
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to propose a new Corollary to Godwin's Law:

As an online security related discussion progresses, the probability of someone making an awkward comparison to the automotive industry approaches one.

(I figured I couldn't possibly take us any further off-topic.)

Cael

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html