Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: pgp passphrase

From: Sam Sharpe <fulldisclosure () fireburst co uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:15:50 +0000

On Tuesday 23 Mar 2004 21:26, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:23:45 +0100, Caraciola <caraciola () gmx net>  said:
One measure to enhance security would be externel storage of keys, on a
smart card
These are indeed a good idea for some environments - the big question is
whether you're willing to pay $50 per seat for the reader and another $20
per user for the media

I can't speak for the rest of the world, but I keep my keys on my wrist.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/5eec/

I figured I needed a new watch, so i might as well get one that was useful. I
realise that this doesn't provide the security of a smartcard, however a USB
flash key is a damn sight cheaper. (except when it's built into a watch)

The comments I get when I explain why I have to "plug in my watch" before I
can login to fix something lead me to believe that not everyone is as
paranoid as me.

--
Sam Sharpe
fulldisclosure () fireburst co uk