Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: viruses being sent to this list

From: Gadi Evron <ge () egotistical reprehensible net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:15:50 +0200

catholic wrote:

> well, not really. your site encourages exchange of malware and/or viruses,
> yet you are saying fd should not.

FD does not exchange malware. Humans do not knowingly send malware here.
FD suffers from, mostly, mindless sending infected users.

They un-awares and indiscriminately send malware here, and infect users.

We are not *about* sharing samples on TH-Research, but exchanges do happen, when members send, knowingly, samples.

TH-Research is not a full disclosure list, it is a free, although closed-subscribe-policy list.

TH-Research is not FD, so there is no issue in discussing it.

FD has thousands of users who get every virus, much like they get every annoying email in this annoying thread.

TH-Research's charter, although not about *samples*, allows for them. FD's does not.

TH-Research's users are mostly AV researchers, FD's are mostly not.

That's the last I'll respond about TH-Research here, as it is off-topic.

        Gadi.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html