Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MS Anti Virus?

From: "DAN MORRILL" <dan_20407 () msn com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:51:19 +0000

You make anti virus software sound like a gun lock on a 9MM.

Does it really matter who is in the anti-virus market? If Microsoft goes that way, and they have the best knowledge of what they created, what we can reasonably expect to see in the words of Bill Gates "Innovation, with rich user features, deeply embeded in our software".

So, we can have an AV product that does great things, but maybe only 2% of it will be used, and because it is a microsoft product, we can expect patches every month, with known and unknown vulnerabilites from day one.

LOL!
r/
Dan

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.