Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo upgraded all accounts to 100MB

From: Shawn Nunley <nunley () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:37:24 -0700

sorry, I meant to say 19.99/year, not per month for the 2gb storage limit.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:28:44 -0700, Shawn Nunley <nunley () gmail com> wrote:

Did anyone else notice that they also raised the storage limit to 2Gb
for paid account holders?  (SBC Yahoo DSL and accounts like that,
19.99/mo)

That's quite a lot of spam storage.

Wanna talk about security?  How about all those phishing and spam
emails being stored (and potentially opened) for far longer than was
possible before.  Seems like a security problem waiting to happen.

So far, in my Gmail account, I've had exactly 0 spam emails, and I
have that address pasted all over the web.  Either their spam
filtering is incredible, or the spammers haven't picked it up yet.  My
Yahoo account, on the other hand, is 100% spam except for mailing list
traffic.

-Shawn

Shawn Nunley, CISSP
Director, Technology Development