Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: tvm.exe / poll each.exe / blehdefyreal toolbar

From: 404 <textbox () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 03:28:05 -0400

Run "CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller removal tool" then "CWshredder" and you
should be able to get that CWS varient off the workstation

Check out http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

-404-

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 06:44:49 +0000, petard <petard () freeshell org> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:51:06PM -0700, mark wrote:

Anybody know about some trojan(s) that spawn a "tvm.exe" process, a
"poll each.exe" process, inserts a "blehdefyreal" toolbar into IE, and
hijacks the IE homepage to point to allaboutsearching.com? This thing
also opens pop-ups pointing to this page:

http://69.20.62.53/yyy3.html

If the registry entries related to these processes are deleted then they
keep being recreated.

What is it? And how does one remove it?

It sounds like CWS.
http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,63391,00.html

After about 4 hours of trying on a client's PC, I was unable to
remove it and resorted to a reformat/reinstall. It's incredibly
persistent and probably not worth your time to remove it.

hth,

petard

--
If your message really might be confidential, download my PGP key here:
http://petard.freeshell.org/petard.asc

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html