Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Possible First Crypto Virus Definitely Discovered!

From: Jerry Heidtke <insecure () ameritech net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:38:07 -0700

Crypto's not new. We had an outbreak in Milwaukee 11 years ago. It's not a virus, nor a worm, however. It's an amoeba!

It caused a lot of "traffic" on certain "ports".

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/apr03/131542.asp

http://disted.mcw.edu/mpm/epidemic/milwaukee/Cryptosporidium/Chapter1/titlepage.htm

Gregh wrote:

I think the original OP just didn't know how to spell some words correctly.
I believe he actually meant to refer to a "krypto virus" which is one that
affects the Superman factor meaning that those of us who are supposed to
know it all and do it all, 24 hours a day without rest or even a shit, would
start to finally lose that veneer of invulnerability!

(Stranger from a strange I.T, Planet. Jumps firewalls in a single bound!
Faster than a 3.4ghz CPU! Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! Oh
no, wait - it's chicken bloody little again!)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html