Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:00:09 -0400

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:15:27 CDT, "J.A. Terranson" said:

No.  Flying an airplane into a building surely takes an inconceivable
amount of hate, but it sure as hell isn't cowardice.  At least these guys
are willing to back their crazy politics with their OWN lives, rather than
sending other people to die in their place while they take a quick
cocaine-filled summer vacation in the national guard. THAT was cowardice.

And in fact, it doesn't even take all *that* much hate - recent studies of the
psychology of suicide bombers show they're not *that* much different than
anybody else.

It's the same psychology as *any* soldier who's willing to attack an enemy
position knowing that they'll probably get killed.  So we shouldn't be
surprised at the terrorists being able to do it - *our* guys went in at Omaha
Beach, and Iwo Jima.  And it was the same thing, basically....

http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/200407/msg00159.html

(And isn't it interesting that we know the military record of the al Quaida guy
who surrendered in Saudi Arabia last week, but our own Commander-in-Chief's
records are missing?? ;)