Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Dailydave] Re: Public Review of OIS Security Vulnerability Reporting and Response Guidelines

From: "Halvar Flake" <HalVar () gmx de>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 14:47:21 +0200 (MEST)

Hey all,

It's rare, but there are still security companies and individuals who do
not owe their entire business to money from Microsoft. It's July 4th.
and some of us are Americans who understand the concept of independance.

I am not american, but I have to agree to all of the following:

 - Nobody trusts the OIS or its motives.
 - the purpose of the OIS is to lobby towards a business model for Microsoft

  and the other OIS members that involves the removal of non-compliant
 security researchers.
 -  This call for feedback is a thinly disguised attempt to get public
 legitimacy and allow the OIS to claim it has community backing, which it
 clearly does not.

Cheers,
Halvar Flake

--