Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Old school applications on the Internet(was Anti-MS drivel)

From: "Gregh" <chows () ozemail com au>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:25:04 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Royds" <full-disclosure () royds net>
To: "'Michal Zalewski'" <lcamtuf () ghettot org>; "'yossarian'"
<yossarian () planet nl>
Cc: "'[Full Disclosure]'" <full-disclosure () lists netsys com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 12:34 PM
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] Old school applications on the Internet(was
Anti-MS drivel)

What you describe is actually one of the reasons for some of the flaws in
MS software. It was built with the assumption that the only machines on
the
network that it would communicate with were other MS boxes. The network
was

Can you verify that claim somewhere I can read about that please? So far as
I am aware, any machine on a network conforms to protocols for networking,
not to OS applications' ideas which may not be networking protocol
compliant. Therefore, a MAC on a network can share files with an MS based PC
or a Unix based PC.

I say this facetiously of course but here goes - "Am I wrong?"

Greg.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html