Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause

From: "Exibar" <exibar () thelair com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:53:39 -0500

I don't care what you buy or don't buy, but it's the truth.  We don't
run Windows, so we aren't susceptible to the viruses in the wild.

Because you don't run windows doesn't mean that your 100% protected from
all the viruses in the wild.  Please see the partial list of Linux viruses I
sent on earlier.

We have since 1999, and haven't had any problem.  If you don't use
Windows, > you don't need anti-virus software.

 Ignorance is bliss they say...  If you honestly and truely believe
what you say, more power to you.  I honestly hope that nothing bad
happens to your systems due to a virus outbreak that A/V software
would have taken care of....

There is no A/V virus designed to protect Linux systems.  There is
A/V software that runs on Linux, but it's designed to catch Windows
viruses.

I've been in the computer security business for a while now; I think
I know what I'm doing.

  I happy for you that you feel that way.
But why did you feel that there aren't any Linux viruses?
  I've been in the computer security field longer than I care to admit, and
I'm
still learning something new every day.  No matter how long you you've been
in the field,
the more you know, the more you realize that there is much more to learn.

Exibar

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html