Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: [Fwd: [TH-research] OT: Israeli Post Office break-in]

From: "Lan Guy" <rlanguy () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:50:52 +0200

Yesterday I had to go to an "Israeli Post Office". I decide to look around.
This is what I saw:
The Comms cabinet in the managers room, was in clear view of all from the
reception area and was open.

There was a 16 port Hub or switch. (9 ports not used) I think it was
unmanaged
An ISDN TA Box
A stand alone Tower server with internal backup.

I also had to go to my HMO who have a similar setup, but:
The comms cabinet is in the recpetion area Locked but with the keys in the
lock and 3 steps away from the front door.
A 24 port managed switch, but I suspect that the 11 unused ports were still
active.

A personal observation on Israel as a whole: Personal security is viewed as
very important, but physical and Personel security is extreme lax.

Last year there was a case of a bank employee who stole 250 Million Sheqels
($US60 Million) from her customer's accounts.

Lan Guy