Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: W2K source "leaked"?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:16:43 -0500

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:35:19 +0100, Tobias Weisserth <tobias () weisserth de>  said:

Personally I don't think this leak will unavoidably lead to a serious
increase of heavy and even more sneakier exploits. We already have them.
The last week has been evidence enough. Maybe this will even lead to
more security as customers with the capacity will have the potential to
identify possible threats themselves and point them out to MS ;-)

"When source is outlawed, only outlaws will have source".

Unfortunately, that's essentially the position we're in now...