Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: sco.com -> slow? :)

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:59:41 +1300

Sebastian Dietz <dietz () dimecs de> wrote:

Apparently they did the only possible solution. They took the domain
www.sco.com
out of the dns. At least i cannot find it anymore in various dns's...

"only possible action"??

Somehow I think it odd that a company as clearly litigious as SCO is of
late would jeopardize its ability to claim damages should a court case
ever ensue charging someone over the creation and/or release of the
Mydoom viruses.  Were that to happen, surely SCO would be in a much
stronger position if it was able to stand up in court with heaps of
fancy "before and after" traffic load, lag, reachability, etc, etc
charts that would clearly illustrate to any two brain-celled jury
member that SCO was "attacked" and almost equally clearly show that its
web presence (presumably a highly valuable asset to any "real" computer
technology company these days?) "must have been damaged"...

To simply commit a self-inflicted DoS seems like legal lunancy to me.

Of course, IANAL, so there may be some even more cunning legal plot
afoot here...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.