Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re:sco.com -> slow? :)

From: "Mary Landesman" <mlande () bellsouth net>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:22:42 -0500

According to this report in Money magazine, SCO issued a statement this
morning saying the website was DoS'd "beyond its capacity"
http://money.cnn.com/2004/02/01/technology/mydoom.reut/index.htm

It also seems to me that if they simply removed the DNS entry, then
www.caldera.com would be functioning. However, it's also down and has been
since yesterday afternoon (when I first noticed sco.com failing).

Can anyone shed light on this, i.e. why caldera.com would be affected if the
DNS entry for sco.com were removed?

-- Mary