Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: AOL IM Worm

From: "Exibar" <exibar () thelair com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:49:47 -0500

I would say it's more of a trojan than anything else.  If it was a worm, it
would self propigate, if a virus it would infect other files.  This darned
thing poses as a game, and does "naughty things" in the background that
you're not aware of, or that's hidden in a EULA that no-one ever reads but
us security types :-)

  Exibar