Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Interesting side effect of the new IE patch

From: Szilveszter Adam <adam () hif hu>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:10:29 +0100

Cael Abal wrote:

| They, fiat and others that used the M$ non-stanard as a basis upon
which
| to build, deserve exactly what they decided to buty into and not
really
| research.  That's what a company gets for buying into the tales their
| local-sales-lizard spews and thinking all those polished and glossy
| brochures are dead set facts.  They need to re-evaluate their lack
of a
| 'grains of salt' procurement processes.

It amazes me what sorts of supremely goofy ideas come to fruition --
http://buy () fiat com ?  That was a horrible idea, and the tech person
who signed off on it absolutely deserves the wrath of Fiat.

Just because you may be able to power up your computer by shorting a
pair of contacts on your motherboard with a paperclip doesn't mean
you should.

Absolutely agree. At a time, there was a huge German web hosting firm that also pushed these "@-URLs" to customers telling them how cute it would be to have the same web address as their email addy was... (like http://you () yourdomain de) I do not know how successful it was but hope not very... have not seen the ad lately.

Regards:
Sz.
--
* dr. Szilveszter Adam * adam () nhh org hu * http://www.nhh.org.hu/ *
* Communications Authority of Hungary                             *

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html