Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Interesting side effect of the new IE patch

From: InCisT <InCisT () popsikle net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 16:18:18 -0500

Daniele Muscetta wrote:
[SNIP]
They are just RUSHING to close as may bugs as possible.... and as always
happens when fixing things afterwards intead of designing them in from the
beginning, things either break, or settings that get closed have to be
re-opened again.
Another issue I personally encountered some days ago was an application
which all of a sudden stopped working after having applied SP4 (on a
windows 2000 server), because of the NEW user rights they introduced:
[SNIP]

Last I heard sp4 was NOT new. And this is typical of all software companies not just MS. If something needs to be fixed ASAP and you cant figure it out, disable it and work on it (email merge in Open Office, some ACPI functions on 2.4.23, ect.) Its not just MS and im not a MS lover by any means, but try and be reasonable and fair instead of just company bashing.

InCisT

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html