Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: credibility (was 'more security people')

From: rhetorical question <ypwhich () io com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:13:02 -0500

Hi,

<-- new member, etc.

BITD when I used to write viruses, I did it without the knowledge that
there was a "community". It wasn't until Sundevil that I discovered
2600/Phrack/TAP. There was one and only one criteria for membership,
and that was "clue". The community was a meritocracy, and people were
accepted/rejected based on whether they were scientific/productive and
whether they contributed or not. Period.

[snip]

Thanks for the memories : )

Yah.  Certs don't mean much unless you have the experience, understanding and
passion to back them up.  One time while working for Company-X...  A
co-worker of mine asked me to help him install Windows NT 4.0 on a
workstation he was testing.  He had a MCSE, and I was very confused to say
the least.

This CISSP stuff.  I'm an Internetworking person, tried reading that "CISSP
Prep" book... drier than RFC documents.  Any better material on the subject,
asides from hands on experience?

Thanks.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html