Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Email

From: "Jos Osborne" <Jos () meltemi co uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:49:45 -0000

Add to this privacy issues - they have to open up the e-mail to scan it
- and you end up with a fairly horrible problem.

Yeah, if you have a crack team of virus analyzing monkeys sitting in the
back, opening up and manually checking every single piece of mail coming
through your network, you might have some privacy -- and load -- problems.

But then again, you might have bigger problems.

 - Damian

Yeah - I know - they're not _actually_ going to read anything, it's just that I'm fairly sure that there are issues
with reasonable expectations of privacy and opening up what is regarded as a "sealed container"

Then again I'm probably just being a little paranoid. 1984 was one of my favourite books when I was a kid.

Jos

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html