Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Need help in performing a remotevulnerability scan

From: "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:32:06 +0530

Where can i find the details on how to do that?
I am not a guru at this.

What specific agent would you recomend?

be careful about this one,i dont like where this is going. a single wrong file, ( ie aka a trojan ) could infect all
your computers in the net on all the sites and hand over all the control of all the sites to someone on the net ( this
is possible! )

this is a good way to install something that will reveal local configration venurabalities. but be sure of the person
who makes these cd's for you.

however of you want i would do a such a job for you... but would you trust me ? you can mail me.

the VPN approach would work the best. all the *sensitive* data ( the data of the nessus scans is to be treated as top
secret as it may provides way to gain control over your network or large segments of it. )

and you have all the data collected at one most secure place ( *your* computer ) and it does not keep flowing over the
net.

another way to do it is to send a autorun of VNC server that would allow you to take control of the remote server as if
you were sitting in front of them at the keyboard. for VNC go to http://tightvnc.sf.net

-aditya

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html