Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Shoe 1.0 - Remote Lace Overflow

From: Nancy Kramer <nekramer () mindtheater net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:45:54 -0500

The points on cowboy boots are also great for stepping on cockroaches in corners thereby helping one maintain a bug free environment.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer
Webmaster http://www.americandreamcars.com
Free Color Picture Ads for Collector Cars
One of the Ten Best Places To Buy or Sell a Collector Car on the Web

At 06:49 PM 12/25/2004, Thomas Sutpen wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:20:45 -0500, announce () 0x90 org <announce () 0x90 org> wrote:
[...]
>  Vulnerable Sizes:
>  -----------------
> 6 through 13. Other sizes may be vulnerable, but were unavailable for testing.

Cursory note:  The guy with the size 13s must get all the chicks.  You
know what they say ....

[...]

>  Fix:
>  ----
> Do not wear untrusted shoes sent to you. Other possible workarounds include
>  sandals (aka. flip-flops). These are a good work-around and are widely
>  available for those concerned about their security.

Merrell also makes a "Jungle Moc" that is a mitigating factor to this
vulnerability.  All shoes of similar "Moccasin" styles, as well as
Cowboy Boots, also seem to be unaffected.  Cowboy Boots with spurs
seem to add an additional layer of security, as well as cool points.

Review of their website seems to indicate that they're going to be
discontinuing the line, though.  So, with Boxing Day tommorrow, I'd
recommend snapping up a few pairs as a cautionary posture against the
possibility of future attacks.

[...]

TS
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.