Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Lycos Europe organizing a DDoS attack against spammers

From: Kevin <kkadow () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:47:05 -0600

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:38:31 +0100 (CET), Feher Tamas
<etomcat () freemail hu> wrote:
Lycos Europe organizing a DDoS attack against spammers

Lycos Europe has started organizing a distributed
denial-of-service attack against web sites run by spammers.

Lycos, via its makelovenotspam.com website,
is offering a free screensaver for download.
The screensavers make constant http requests to spam websites.

Can anybody provide pointers on how to detect this traffic
by reviewing squid proxy logs?

I'd guess that at least a few of our (thousands of) users will install
"makelovenotspam", but lacking the authority to lock down
or examine desktops, I'm limited to reviewing access logs after the
fact to track down offenders.

Thanks,

Kevin Kadow

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.