Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Lycos Europe organizing a DDoS attack against spammers

From: dk <dk () pwarchitects com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:44:49 -0600

Andrew Smith wrote:
This seems to have annoyed quite a few people, makelovenotspam.com is
randomly responding to GETs.
How long untill someone gets a domain in their list and points it at
the lycos servers?

Yes, the site in question seems to have drawn more than a few eyes to it. ;/ It's been up & down all day. While I don't really think "lycos Europe" methods are sound or sustainable; I'm not surprised that frustration with spam leads to a measure of corporate vigilantism. I suspect we may see more of this various venues to come. Though I doubt it will really help cure whatever cause the reaction. Hopefully the p2p clients won't pick up on the scent and throw a few GETs out for each search done, etc. >:)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html