Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: lame bitching about xpsp2

From: "Random Letters" <randomisedletters () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:43:55 +0000

OK - see the comments below and reverse them.

"It's [sad|great] that it [doesn't work|works] for your one configuration, but there are thousands of other configurations out there. For some, it [is|is not] working, even when they [don't read|read] the documentation."

Actually, this time M$ got the great unwashed to test the software for them. Bash Microsoft when it's their fault but be ready to take some of the blame yourself when you don't follow sensible procedures.

It's been said so many times: don't install patches on a production machine until you have tested it in a non-production environment. It sounds as though you have multiple PCs. It's also good to wipe and install from a clean build occasionally. Surely you don't keep all your data on a workstation do you?

I also find it ironic that someone can complain about not correcting mistakes before releasing to the public ("tat in itself show microsoft hadnt tested this shit fully") without proof-reading or spell-checking (sorry, I can't tell whether English is your first language from your email address).

Have fun!

   Does HoTMaiL come with a spell checker?

maybe because we use our computers for other than a simple
workstation.. i couldnt even get visual studio installed tat in itself
show microsoft hadnt tested this shit fully before streaming it to the
masses

> > It's great that it works for your one configuration, but there are
> > thousands of other configurations out there. For some, it is not
> > working, even when they read the documentation. The world is not just
> > you and your PC.

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html