Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Training & Certifications

From: "Bojan Zdrnja" <Bojan.Zdrnja () LSS hr>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:18:10 +1200

-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com
[mailto:full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com] On Behalf Of
Ron DuFresne
Sent: Tuesday, 6 April 2004 6:16 a.m.
To: Dave Howe
Cc: Email List: Full Disclosure; Laura Taylor
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Training & Certifications

process for certification was not consistent with the concept of "trust,
but verify" and I ended up not hiring the person I had originally
interviewed.

If that was the reason for not hiring the person, good for him then!

If a certification cannot be verified, to me it is worthless. I'd rather
hire an MCSE because Microsoft is willing to verify all their
certifications.

If you went to ISC2's site and go to Directory of CISSPs and SSCPs and read:

"... ISC2 will continue to respond to any employer requests for (ISC)2
credential holder verifications. Such requests must be in writing on the
employer's company letterhead and a release signature from the CISSP/SSCP
must be included in the request. "

Bojan

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html