Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: New Microsoft Internet Explorer mshtml.dll Denial of Service?

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:31:06 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: morning_wood [mailto:se_cur_ity () hotmail com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 1:23 PM
To: Tim; Irwan Hadi
Cc: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] New Microsoft Internet
Explorer mshtml.dll Denial of Service?

funny, i often see replies to my post long before i see my
own post dont know why, does'nt always happen. But it is odd.
Sometimes I wonder if the list is being siphoned for breaking
sec info before the posts reach the subscribers.

More likely what you're seeing is the duplicate copy sent to your email
address because the default for this list is reply to sender.  So most
people just reply to all, and the cc list gets longer and longer and
longer.  Later on, your post shows up on the list, so you see it then.
But the replies come to you directly and much faster.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member