Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: new ssh exploit?

From: Darren Reed <avalon () caligula anu edu au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:50:54 +1000 (Australia/ACT)

In some mail from christopher neitzert, sie said:

Does anyone know of or have source related to a new, and unpublished ssh
exploit?  An ISP I work with has filtered all SSH connections due to
several root level incidents involving ssh. Any information is
appreciated.

I wonder if this is in any way related to an incident I heard about on
efnet's #openbsd where someone at a european con (hack the planet?)
mentioned that details of a new openssh exploit had been taped to the
openbsd tent (on the outside) whilst all the openbsd ppl were inside,
drunk?

I suppose if there is any merit to that story (and I'd rank it as no
more than heresay myself, but it does paint a good picture of college
level kids :) and it was details of some new vulnerability for which
there is an exploit then it has been around for a while...assuming,
of course, it is the same "bug".

Still, as far as stories go, I like it :)

My $0.02 worth :)

Darren

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html