Full Disclosure mailing list archives

New release of the Solaris Security Module Papillon

From: Konrad Rieck <kr () roqe org>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:18:24 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to announce version 0.5.3 of my Solaris Security Module
Papillon. Papillon is available for over 2 years and extends the
Solaris Operating Environment 8 and 9 with several new security
features and protections. Just to name a few:

       * A Restricted Proc
       * A Pseudo Promiscuous Flag
       * Sym- & Hardlink and Chroot Protection
       * Setuid Execution Protection

Papillon's philosophy is "Prevention through Restriction" and it
eliminates the cause of several common attack techniques. Nevertheless
it doesn't restrict the super-user himself.

The current version features a rudimentary white-list support for the
Setuid Execution Protection and two fixes by Casper Dik.

Learn more about Papillon at ...
        http://www.roqe.org/papillon

Read all about Papillon at ...
        http://www.roqe.org/papillon/papillon.pdf

Needless to say, I would be glad if you would find the time to send
feedback, bug reports or new ideas (or even flames) to my email
address.

Regards,
Konrad Rieck

--
 Konrad Rieck <kr () roqe org> - http://people.roqe.org/kr
 PGP: 5803 E58E D1BF 9A29 AFCA 51B3 A725 EA18 ABA7 A6A3