Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Rootkit

From: "Marcus H. Sachs" <marc () shopos com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:12:48 -0400

It's been a painful last two months.  Could you imagine the pain if this
epoch started on November 1st instead of July 16th?  Here's what it would
look like:

Cisco IOS         July 16 ->  Nov 1
Microsoft dcom1   July 17     Nov 2
MSBlaster         Aug 11      Nov 27 (Thanksgiving)
Northeast Power   Aug 14      Nov 30 (Sunday)
Sobig.F           Aug 18      Dec 4  (Thursday)
Nachi             Aug 18      Dec 4  (Thursday)
Microsoft Office  Sep 4       Dec 21 (Sun before Christmas)
Microsoft dcom2   Sep 10      Dec 27 (Sat after Christmas)
OpenSSH           Sep 16      Jan 2  (Fri after New Years)
Sendmail          Sep 18      Jan 4      (Monday)
Swen              Sep 18      Jan 4

Marc