Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Swen Really Sucks

From: "Mary Landesman" <mlande () bellsouth net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:07:11 -0400

Swen does not only compose email pretending to be a patch from Microsoft. It
also composes email pretending to be a bounced message. There are various
renditions of the false 'return to sender'. A couple of examples follow:

Hi.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to one or more
destinations.
Undeliverable mail to ykhytbgqcg () bigfoot net
I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not be
delivered to one or more destinations.
Undeliverable message to sxlpvjk () america net
Undelivered mail to pdijepslaw () netmail net
Message follows:

F-Secure has a complete list at:
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/swen.shtml

Regards,