Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Swen Really Sucks

From: "Kye Lewis" <kye () lewislan id au>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:03:33 +1000

[..]

So, has anyone actually sent mail to an envelope sender to see if
they're actually infected? Or is it possible this thing just likes to
fake the same sender for all outgoing messages?

Seeing that I have a collection of around 2000 unique and believable
return-paths from this virus, it seems quite likely that they're legitimate.

I have also recieved a few emails forwarded through from the sender's mail
servers informing me that I have been sent a virus.
And, as was said, the email addresses in the return path, and the servers
that the mail travels through to get here, do indeed link together.

That evidence linked together provides a pretty strong case that they're not
faked.

- Kye Lewis
<kye -at- lewislan- dot- id -dot- au >

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.