Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: My response to both the analysis of CIPE by Gutmann, Slashdot and the response by the CIPE list

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:31:03 +0200

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 12:08:57PM +0200, Michal Zalewski wrote:

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Florian Weimer wrote:

Especially as some of the flaws (the replay attacks) are actually
documented in the manual.

And correct me if I am wrong, but it appears to me that replay attacks are
not that much of a concern when encrypting TCP/IP packets?

The manual mentions replay attacks on CIPE management traffic, but I'm
not familiar enough with this aspect of the protocol to judge the
impact.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html