Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Do you really think CDs will be protected in future?

From: Cael Abal <lists () onryou com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:31:32 -0400

Alan said:
The whole question really comes down to this:

warranty of merchantability definition - a warranty of merchantability
simply guarantees that goods sold are fit for the ordinary purpose for
which the goods were sold... This is a general rule of fairness that
what looks like a carton of milk in the supermarket dairy case really
is drinkable milk and not sour or unusable.

Damn it. There goes my business plan of selling Golden Poison Frogs in a container indistinguishable from a bag of Oreos.

I think the real problem lies with the concept of hand-me-down Acceptable Use Policies / Licence Agreements -- that a party completely removed from a retail environment might be able to dictate conditions of a sale (and in some cases, resale!) Although I'll readily admit that some restrictions may be reasonable, they shouldn't be entirely up to the supplier/manufacturer.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html