Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Shift key breaks CD copy locks

From: "Tim Saunders" <Tim.Saunders () aquilauk co uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:00:31 +0100

Surely Windows violates the DCMA in itself as you can turn off autorun
therefore by passing the copy protection? Quick get some cops to go and
arrest the board of Microsoft for selling DCMA violating software...

Who has to complain to get the FBI/cops/whoever to arrest someone for
violating the DCMA? Is it the copyright holder or just anyone? At worst
all you have to do is pay  SunnComm Technologies to protect a few copies
of you singing in the shower and you will have a valid complaint.

Tim Saunders