Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Proxies

From: "Gary E. Miller" <gem () rellim com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:40:29 -0800 (PST)

Yo Earl!

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Earl Keyser wrote:

Besides suspending them, we made one technological change. Outgoing
ports 8000, 8080, 8888 and 3128 are now blocked at the firewall.

So what about al the legit services that run on those ports?  You have
now broken a LOT of applications.

Can anyone suggest further refinements to reduce this kind of abuse? I
know some proxies run on port 80, but I'll have to live with that.

The Cluebat personally applied is your best and only hope.  They are
way more proxies, open and otherwise, than you will ever be able to
close. They can be on any port, or use no TCP port.

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
        gem () rellim com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html