Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IDS Evasion

From: security snot <booger () unixclan net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:04:48 -0800 (PST)

Simon,

The following graphic was acquired during a recent penetration test
against clients of mine who will remain unnamed, for obvious reasons.
However it helps illustrate the expertise of a certain crew of skilled
security consultants, who are obviously experts in all aspects of
intrustion detection - else they wouldn't fathom asking for such
outrageous amounts of money for the protection offered by their services.

I recommend you discuss the matter with d0tlash () snosoft com, one of the
leading researchers from our computer security community.  It's good to
know that you're interested in investigating the weaknesses of your
products before offering them to the public at large.

Incidently I've had a chance to take a peek at their sourcecode and I must
say, their products are very hacker friendly. ;>

Thanks, and have a super day.

- snot

"So you have a PhD - you probably have better things to do than to
associate with cyberterrorists like Ron Dufrense."

"Whitehat by day, booger at night - I'm the security snot."
- CISSP / CCNA / A+ Certified - www.unixclan.net/~booger/ -