Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: Linux (in)security

From: "I.R. van Dongen" <vdongen () hetisw nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:22:25 +0200

Shawn McMahon wrote:

Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

Now, lest you get your hopes up and think it's possible to change the
world, read this:

http://www.ukauthority.com/articles/story898.asp

Ok, I read that as "we asked them to enter their password, and 15% of them typed something in response". I don't see where it says they verified that this was indeed the person's password.

I'd have typed something in there too; probably "your password".

I don't know a security expert that has only one password.

I'd prob type some jiberish.....or maybe "your password".....

(I don't include windows-wizard-engineers that have only one password because everything is in 1 big AD)

Gr,

Ivo

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html