Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: NASA.GOV SQL Injections

From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonathan () nuclearelephant com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:28:15 -0400

No offense meant to the fine IT people at NASA, but do you seriously
believe that the one-percenters are securing the network?  As opposed to
say, figuring out how to land a rover on Mars, how to keep astronauts
alive in space, how to overcome the long-term negative effects of zero
gravity, etc., etc.???

Maybe I'm not as familiar with NASA as others might be, but I would
think NASA would try and hire the most gifted IT people they could find
(e.g. the cream of the crop).  Since I've never run into one, I can't
prove this theory - I suppose it's possible they're all morons...but if
I had the resources NASA has, there wouldn't be any idiots working for
me.

I wonder if their janitors require security clearance just to work
there...if that's the case their IT people are most likely l33t.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html