Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sidewinder G2

From: Michael Gale <michael () bluesuperman com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:33:42 -0700

So how about High Availability ?

I have recently setup two slackware linux based firewalls with some
nice iptables setup with lids (linux intrusion detection system) which
locks down the kernel and makes the file system not writable :)

Each firewall I setup High Availability (www.linux-ha.org) so if one
machine is down (non-responsive) the other one will take over.

Also to help in the prevention of DOS attacks --- what about syn
cookies ?

Michael.

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:10:27 -0500