Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Serious flaws in bluetooth security lead to disclosure of personal data

From: "Jordan Wiens" <jwiens () nersp nerdc ufl edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:27:51 -0700

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Pentest Security Advisories wrote:

A recent posting from A.L. Digital suggests that security flaws exist in
Bluetooth, while not describing the vulnerabilities in any technical
detail. This email concerns itself specifically with the vulnerabilities
related to retrieval of personal information from devices.
<SNIP>
The ultimate fix is for manufacturers to provide a greater separation of
services, an attitude that seems to have been taken with the Ericsson T610.

I'm a bit confused; if I read it right, the first report specifically
mentioned this as a vulnerable device, now it's listed as one that got it
right?  Did I misread?

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Incident Response Team