Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Funny article

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:11:34 -0500

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:41:39 +0100, Volker Tanger said:

Well, running a kernel task is a bit difficult to do unprivileged...

Well. Yeah.  Running as a kernel task is something you should only be
doing if there's no alternative, and is *supposed* to be difficult.

Unless of course your security model is "everything including the mail
program is a kernel task, and when we add normal users, we'll give them
full sys admin rights".  But that's crazy talk, nobody would be THAT
silly when they design their operating system....