Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: PGP vs. certificate from Verisign

From: "Kamal Habayeb" <mountainfury () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 11:45:27 -0500

Excellent point, it makes me wonder too if the CA holds on to your keys and
maybe has some sort of agreement with the government to act as a key escrow
incase the government needs to decrypt some of your information.  I find it
hard to believe that the government just gave up after a couple of attempts
early on to control the crypto and be able to decrypt any information
(Clipper chip and mandatory key escrow in 1995).