Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re(2): Windows Messenger Popup Spam on UDP Port 1026

From: Christian Friedl <xian () mediaclan at>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:33:13 +0200 (METDST)

vogt () hansenet com writes on
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:16:38 +0200 (METDST):

I agree. However, that is not a serious option anymore. Fact is:
Every
dummy and his grandma are using the Internet today. You won't be able
to change the fact, so we will all have to find ways to minimize
the damage.

What I don't get is, why don't ISPs exploit the fact to make profit? Why not sell different customized accounts, one
for "dummy and his grandma", with everything closed except 80, 25, 110; and one for ye olde nerde, with a customizable
firewall hosted at the ISP?

chris
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html